- Dates: TBA
- Trainer: TBA
Why should I take the AgilePM course?
This AgilePM® (Agile Project Management) course is specifically designed for Project Managers and presents an approach to planning, resourcing, and managing a successful Agile project. It offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigor and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
AGILEPM Foundation (2 days)
AGILEPM Foundation and Practitioner (4.5 days)
AGILEPM Practitioner upgrade (2.5 days) * you must hold a Foundation certificate
AGILEPM Re-Registration (2.5 days)
What is included?
The course includes:
- Classroom training from an AgilePM Approved Trainer
- Official manual: ” Agile Project Management Handbook v2.0″
- Accredited course material including sample exam questions
- AgilePM exam(s) + Certificate
- PDUs towards PMP recertification
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be ready to:
- Deliver quicker, cost-effective and low risk change by implementing a tried and tested approach to agile project management.
- Understand the background of agile in project management and the differences compared to traditional / alternative approaches.
- Equip yourself with the core principles, concepts and processes required for successful agile projects.
- Apply the DSDM agile approach to projects and daily activities and embrace an evolutionary development approach for more effective solutions.
- Boost communication and stakeholder engagement skills; critical for successful projects.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Help organizations deliver effectively, at a lower cost and with lower risk, by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Become an informed member of a project team using DSDM and AgilePM practices
- Take and pass the AgilePM exam(s)
What are the course prerequisites?
There are no prerequisites to take this course. Experience in a project management is beneficial. You need to complete about 3 hours of study before the course. We’ll provide all the reading materials you need to get prepared before you come to class.
What are the course contents?
This is the full APMG AgilePM course. It covers the full AgilePM syllabus to Practitioner level.
Key Learning Points
What is Agile? Choosing an appropriate Agile approach
Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables
Preparing for Success
The DSDM Process
The People – DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
The DSDM Products
Key Practices – Prioritization and Timeboxing
Planning and Control throughout the Lifecycle
Facilitated Workshops , Modelling, and Iterative Development
Roles and Responsibilities – the PM view
Agile Project Management – through the lifecycle
The Effective Use of the Products
Deliver on time – Combining MoSCoW Prioritization and Timeboxing
People, Teams and Interactions
Requirements and User Stories
Estimating – How and When
Project Planning through the Lifecycle
Quality – Never Compromise Quality
Tailoring the approach
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
*THIS TRAINING IS CANADA JOB GRANT ELIGIBLE
The APMG International AgilePM and Swirl Device is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved. AgilePM® is a registered trademark of Agile Business Consortium Limited. All rights reserved.
This AgilePM® course is offered through ATO OKAZY Consulting.