Upcoming PRINCE2 Classes (Virtual):
- PRINCE2 Foundation February 22, 23 & 24 March 8, 9 & 10 March 22, 23 & 24 April 7, 8, & 9 May 10, 11 & 12 May 31 June 1 & 2 June 14, 15 & 16
- PRINCE2 Practitioner February 25-26 March 18-19 March 25-26 April 12-13 May 21-21 June 10-11 June 17-18
Upcoming PRINCE2 Agile Classes:
PRINCE2Agile February 22, 23 & 24
Please inquire if interested in scheduling a PRINCE2 Agile Course for your organization
Upcoming PRINCE2 Practitioner Re-Registration Exam Only:
Dates: Anytime Location: Regina, SK Price: $800.00
Why should I take the PRINCE2 course?
PRINCE2® (Projects in Controlled Environments) is a widely used international standard for Project Management that navigates you through all the essentials for running a successful project. It builds on the definitions and structure of PM knowledge and defines a series of processes, components, and techniques that can be applied managing any size or subject of project. It provides project managers with a practical road map from conception to close for all types of projects and a framework to deliver projects that benefit stakeholders, the business, and the bottom line.
PRINCE2 Foundation (3 days)
PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner (4.5 days)
PRINCE2 Re-Registration (1.5 days) under version 2017
PRINCE2 Practitioner upgrade (1.5 days) * you must hold a Foundation certificate
PRINCE2 for PMPs (4.5 days) * PMPs and CAPMs are eligible to skip the Foundation exam with a current certificate.
What is included?
The course includes:
- Classroom training from a PRINCE2 Approved Trainer
- Official PRINCE2 manual: “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2” version 2017
- Accredited course material including sample exam questions
- PRINCE2 exam(s) + Certificate
- PDUs towards PMP recertification
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be ready to:
- Gather requirements accurately using Product Based Planning and the Quality Theme
- Manage Risk proactively using your Risk Management Strategy
- Report and make recommendations to senior management using management by exception
- Manage your projects to an international standard
- Take and pass the PRINCE2 exam(s)
What are the course prerequisites?
You should be working in or have a good knowledge of project management. You need to complete about 10-20 hours of study before the course. We’ll provide all the reading materials you need so you will be well prepared before you come to class.
What are the course contents?
This is the official PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course approved by PEOPLECERT. The course covers the complete PRINCE2 syllabus to Practitioner level and includes examination practice.
Key Learning Points
- PRINCE2 and the Big Picture
- 7 Principles
- 7 Processes
- 7 Themes
- Creating the project management team
- Defining roles and responsibilities
- Tailoring the project governance to different types of project
Starting up a Project
- Writing a Project Brief
- The essential Business Case
- Answering the vital question: “do we have a viable and worthwhile project?”
Initiating a Project
- Preparing project Strategies for Risk, Quality and Communications
- Creating the Project Plan
- Assembling the Project Initiation Document
- Defining Customer Quality Expectations
- Quality management, planning and control
- Levels of plan and the planning horizon
- Using the Product Based Planning technique
- Writing Product Descriptions documents
Progress and Change
- Technical vs Management stages – which is best?
- Dealing with Issues and change
- Management by exception
- Management by stages
- Writing the Risk management strategy
- Using a Risk management procedure
- Implementing appropriate risk management responses
Directing a Project
- Authorizing project initiation
- Authorizing the project and individual stages
- Giving ad-hoc direction and steering through problems
Running a Project
- Controlling a Stage: managing project teams and work packages
- Managing Product Delivery: build and test products
- Managing a Stage Boundary: look back, look at the big picture, look forward to the next stage
Closing a Project
- Planned and premature close
- Evaluating the project
- Writing the End Project and Lessons Learned Reports
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
*THIS TRAINING IS CANADA JOB GRANT ELIGIBLE
The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
This PRINCE2® course is offered through ATO OKAZY Consulting, except in Ottawa through ATO Algonquin College.