Upcoming Classes (Virtual):
- Managing Benefits – Foundation February 22, 23 & 24 May 3, 4 & 5
- Managing Benefits – Practitioner March 4 – 5 May 10, 11
Why should I take the Managing Benefits course?
Managing Benefits™ provides managers and practitioners from multiple disciplines, who are working in a variety of organizations, with an understanding of the principles, practices and techniques used to support effective benefits management. Managing Benefits will provide you with a detailed overview of benefits management – what it is, the case for doing it, and some common misconceptions that can limit its effectiveness in practice. It consolidates existing guidance on benefits management while expanding on the specific practices and techniques aimed at optimizing benefits realization. Learn how to get started in implementing effective benefits management practices and sustain progress based on the principles and using the techniques identified in the guide.
MANAGING BENEFITS Foundation (3 days)
MANAGING BENEFITS Foundation and Practitioner (4.5 days)
MANAGING BENEFITS Practitioner upgrade (1.5 days) * you must hold a Foundation certificate
What is included?
The course includes:
- Classroom training from a Managing Benefits Approved Trainer
- Official manual: “Managing Benefits” from Steve Jenner
- Accredited course material including sample exam questions
- Managing Benefits exam(s) + Certificate
- PDUs towards PMP recertification
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be ready to:
- State the Principles of benefits management and describe how to apply them to your projects and programs.
- Describe how to implement and sustain the Managing Benefits approach appropriately.
- Explain the 5 practices for successful benefits management and how they can be applied successfully
- Take and pass the Managing Benefits exam(s)
What are the course prerequisites?
There are no course prerequisites in terms of experience, and you do not need to show a record of work in benefits management. You need to complete about 10-20 hours of study before the course. We’ll provide all the reading materials you need so you will be well prepared before you come to class.
What are the course contents?
This is the full APMG Managing Benefits course. It covers the full Managing Benefits syllabus to Practitioner level.
Key Learning Points
What is Benefits Management and why do we need it?
- Definitions – benefits and benefits management
- Value and value management
- Why do we need benefits management?
- Objectives of benefits management
Barriers to success
- Common misconceptions about benefits realization
- The knowing – doing gap
- Cognitive bias
- Organizational pressures
Benefits Management Principles
- Align benefits with strategy
- Start with the end in mind
- Utilize successful delivery methods
- Integrate benefits with performance measurement
- Management benefits from a portfolio perspective
- Apply effective governance
- Develop a value culture
Benefits Management cycle
- The benefits managements cycle
- Integrating benefits into the wider organizational context
- Key success characteristics
- Key roles, responsibilities and documentation
Benefits Management practices
- Identify & Quantify
- Value & Appraise
- Plan – 4 themes that underpin benefits planning
- Realize – transition, tracking and optimizing benefits
- Review – initiative led and independent reviews
Portfolio based Benefits Management
- The scope of portfolio-based benefits management
- Key documentation and roles
Applying Benefits Management techniques
- Reference class forecasting / Delphi technique / Probability based forecasting
- Driver based analysis
- Investment logic mapping
- Benefits map
- Benefits eligibility rules
- Customer insight
- Multi-criteria analysis
Tools and templates
- Benefits management skills and competencies log
- Benefits logic map
Managing benefits health check assessment
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
*THIS TRAINING IS CANADA JOB GRANT ELIGIBLE
The APMG International Managing Benefits and Swirl Device is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved. APMG International Managing Benefits™ is a trademark of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
This APMG Managing Benefits™ course is offered through ATO OKAZY Consulting, except in Ottawa through ATO Algonquin College.