Business Relationship Management Professional
Upcoming Classes (Virtual)
- September 25-27
- January 29-31
- March 18-20
Why should I take the BRMP course?
BRMP® (Business Relationship Management Professional) training and certification program is intended as a comprehensive foundation for Business Relationship Managers (BRM) at every experience level, with the training and certification designed to provide a solid baseline level of knowledge regarding the BRM role and how well-cemented and effective BRM disciplines can positively impact overall business results.
What is included?
The course includes:
- Classroom training from a BRMP Approved Trainer
- Official guide: “The BRMP® Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge”
- Accredited course material including sample exam questions
- BRMP exam + Certificate
- PDUs towards PMP recertification
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be ready to:
- The characteristics of the BRM role
- What it means to perform as a strategic partner, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the service provider’s services
- The use of Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques to maximize realized business value
- Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs to minimize value leakage
- The BRM role in Service Management and alignment of services and service levels with business needs
- The principles of effective and persuasive communication
- Take and pass the BRMP exam
What are the course prerequisites?
There are no prerequisites to take this course. Experience in a business environment is beneficial
What are the course contents?
This is the full APMG BRMP course. It covers the full BRMP syllabus.
Key Learning Points
The House of BRM
- The “Foundation” supports the BRM role and ensures it has the competencies to be effective and deliver value to both the provider organization and its business partners.
- The “Pillars” define the BRM space in terms of Core BRM Disciplines: Demand Shaping, Exploring, Servicing and Value Harvesting.
- The “Roof” protects Business Relationship Management as a key aspect of provider capability. It does this by ensuring clarity around the role, discipline, and organizational capability of Business Relationship Management in the context of the Provider Strategy and Operating Model.
Four Core BRM Disciplines
- Demand Shaping stimulates, surfaces and shapes business demand for provider services, capabilities and products. It ensures that business strategies fully leverage provider capabilities, and that the provider service portfolio and capabilities enable business strategies. Most importantly, Demand Shaping is focused on optimizing the business value realized through provider services, capabilities and products—that low value demand is suppressed while higher value demand is stimulated
- Exploring identifies and rationalizes demand. Business Relationship Management helps sense business and technology trends to facilitate discovery and demand identification. Exploring is an iterative and ongoing process that facilitates the review of new business, industry and technology insights with potential to create value for the business environment. The key benefit of this discipline is the identification of business value initiatives that will become part of the provider portfolio of services, capabilities and products
- Servicing coordinates resources, manages Business Partner expectations, and integrates activities in accordance with the business partner-provider partnership. It ensures that business partner-provider engagement translates demand into effective supply requirements. Servicing facilitates business strategy, Business Capability Road mapping, portfolio and program management
- Value Harvesting ensures success of business change initiatives that result from the exploring and servicing engagements. Value harvesting includes activities to track and review performance, identify ways to increase the business value from business-provider initiatives and services, and initiates feedback that triggers continuous improvement cycles. This process provides stakeholders with insights into the results of business change and initiatives
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
*THIS TRAINING IS CANADA JOB GRANT ELIGIBLE
The BRMP® and Accredited by APMG International Swirl Device logo is a trademark of Business Relationship Management Institute and The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved. BRMP® is a registered trademark of Business Relationship Management Institute.
This BRMP® course is offered through ATO OKAZY Consulting, except in Ottawa through ATO Algonquin College.