Upcoming Classes (Virtual)
- DevOps Foundations November 16 – 18
Why should I take the DevOps course?
DevOps Fundamentals provides the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices. With the help of key DevOps concepts and terminology, real-life case studies, examples and interactive group discussions and exercises, you will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
DevOps Fundamentals (3 days)
What is included?
The course includes:
- Classroom training from a DevOps Fundamentals Approved Trainer
- Accredited course material including sample exam questions
- DevOps Fundamentals exam + Certificate
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be ready to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery
- Describe the Service Delivery process
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies
- Summarize case studies of IT organizations that are making the transformation to Adaptive IT and DevOps models
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation
- Take and pass the DevOps Fundamentals exam
What are the course prerequisites?
There are no prerequisites to take this course. Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial.
What are the course contents?
This is the full DASA DevOps Fundamentals course. It covers the full DevOps Fundamentals syllabus.
Key Learning Points
Course & DevOps Introduction
- Overview & Course Objectives
- Know the historical development of DevOps
- Core concepts underlying DevOps and the DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA)
- Key elements of the Business Case for DevOps
- Principal benefits of DevOps and DevOps definitions
- The culture of high-performance IT
- Relationship between DevOps, Agile and Lean IT
- DevOps principles and aspects of IT
- Qualification scheme, mission and vision
- Possible problems that can arise
- Core principles of DevOps
- Competence framework (8 knowledge areas and 4 skills)
- Three core profiles
- Building your DevOps organization around teams
- Three Horizons Model for Innovation
- Cultural aspects of the Team
- Service Mindset and Quality at the Source
- Team building
- Continuous improvement
- DevOps Leadership
- Impact of DevOps on the organization
- Traditional structuring of teams and waste
- Activity-focused versus product-focused approaches
- Criteria for autonomous teams
- Conway’s Law and Organizations’ Architecture
- Solving autonomy problems
- Aim of IT architecture
- Relation between complexity and quality
Micro Services Architecture (MSA)
- Moving from legacy to smaller services
- Govvernance within teams and between multiple teams
- Scrum of Scrums with Agile teams to coordinate and collaborate
- Definition and key components of a process: goal, result, input, throughput, output, customer
- DevOps in relation it ITSM
- Optimizing processes using Lean
- Story mapping
- Advantages and disadvantages of developing software using Waterfall approach
- Team and focus on delivery of value
- Continuous delivery and its impact on DevOps team’s
- Cycle time reduction
- Types of feedback
- Build and software package delivery flow
- Test and optimized software validation (tests)
- Deployment benefits and strategies
- Continuous delivery backlog
Cloud Technology and Principles
- National Institute of Standardization (NIST)
- DevOps Platform Teams as a “Cloud” Service Provider
- Different Types of Clouds to Operate
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
*THIS TRAINING IS CANADA JOB GRANT ELIGIBLE
DASA is Copyright © 2017 – 2018 DevOps Agile Skills Association LLC. All rights reserved.
This DevOps Fundamentals course is offered through ATO OKAZY Consulting.