Management of Portfolios (MoP®) Practitioner
Upcoming Classes (Virtual):
- MoP Foundation:
- MoP Practitioner:
Why should I take the MOP course?
MoP® (Management of Portfolios) ensures that your organization selects and manages the projects and programs which make the best contribution to your corporate objectives. This course will give you the skills to remove redundant and duplicate projects and programmes, realize benefits that align with corporate strategy, report effectively to improve transparency, accountability and corporate governance.
MoP Foundation (3 days)
MoP Foundation and Practitioner (4.5 days)
MoP Practitioner upgrade (1.5 days) * you must hold a Foundation certificate
What is included?
The course includes:
- Classroom training from a MoP Approved Trainer
- Official MOP manual: “Management of Portfolios”
- Accredited course material including sample exam questions
- MoP exam(s) + Certificate
- PDUs towards PMP recertification
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be ready to:
- Prioritize projects and programs according to strategic needs
- Balance the competing needs of change management and business as usual
- Create a Portfolio Strategy and Delivery Plan to align with corporate objectives
- Apply portfolio management techniques such as decision conferencing and multi-criteria analysis
- Improve management control of the portfolio using stage gates and management by exception
- Reduce overall risk by establishing dependencies between projects and programs
- Provide an energized change culture to ensure people are engaged and focused on delivering change
- Take and pass the MoP exam(s)
What are the course prerequisites?
You should be working in or have a good knowledge of project portfolio management. You need to complete about 10-20 hours of study before the course. We’ll provide all the reading materials you need and a trainer to support your learning before you come to class.
What are the course contents?
This is the official MoP Foundation and Practitioner course approved by PEOPLECERT. The course covers the complete MoP syllabus to Practitioner level and includes examination practice.
Key Learning Points
What is Portfolio Management
- Background & Definitions
- Portfolio Management Models
- Benefits of Portfolio Management & some misconceptions
Strategic and Organizational context
- Portfolio Management vs. Business as Usual
- Portfolio Management and strategic & business planning
- Portfolio Management and budgeting and resource allocation
- Portfolio Management and Programme and Project Management
- Portfolio Management and performance management
- Portfolio Management and Corporate Governance
- Portfolio Management and corporate functions
5 Principles of Portfolio Management
- Senior Management commitment
- Governance alignment
- Strategy alignment
- Portfolio Office
- Energized change culture
Portfolio Management Cycles
- Implementing & Sustaining Portfolio Management
- Using organizational energy
- Portfolio Definition & Delivery cycles
Portfolio definition cycle
Portfolio delivery cycle
- Management control
- Benefits management
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Organizational governance
- Resource management
Portfolio Analysis Techniques
- Driver based contribution assessment
- Three-point estimating
- Multi criteria analysis
- Decision conferencing
- Staged release of funding
Financial analysis of the Portfolio
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
*THIS TRAINING IS CANADA JOB GRANT ELIGIBLE
The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. MoP® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
This MoP® course is offered through ATO OKAZY Consulting, except in Ottawa through ATO Algonquin College.