Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Practitioner
Upcoming Classes (Virtual):
- MSP Foundation
- MSP Practitioner
- Please contact Paradigm to inquire about scheduling a MSP Foundation + Practitioner Course for your organization
Why should I take the MSP course?
MSP® (Managing Successful Programmes) will give you the skills and knowledge for leadership roles in major change programs. As a certified MSP certified professional, you will be ready to apply the MSP themes, principles and transformational flow to different types of program. You will be able to tailor MSP to different types of program and analyze program situations to make appropriate decisions. And you will be able to align multiple projects with strategic requirements and co-ordinate product delivery to ensure real benefits for your organization.
MSP Foundation (3 days)
MSP Foundation and Practitioner (4.5 days)
MSP Re-Registration (1.5 days)
MSP Practitioner upgrade (1.5 days) * you must hold a Foundation certificate
What is included?
The course includes:
- Classroom training from an MSP Approved Trainer
- Official MSP manual: “Managing Successful Programmes”
- Accredited course material including sample exam questions
- MSP exam(s) + Certificate
- PDUs towards PMP recertification
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be ready to:
- Create value by ensuring that program investment is aligned with strategic needs
- Lead change by managing complex tasks and multiple stakeholders
- Plan and control programs using the MSP transformational flow
- Deliver measurable improvements with the tools in MSP’s benefits management theme
- Manage multiple projects to deliver new capabilities
- Reduce uncertainty and aggregate risks and issues at the program level
- Identify and communicate the better future which will be delivered by your program
- Take and pass the MSP exam(s)
What are the course prerequisites?
You should be working in or have a good knowledge of program management. You need to complete about 10-20 hours of study before the course. We’ll provide all the reading materials you need so you will be well prepared before you come to class.
What are the course contents?
This is the official MSP Foundation and Practitioner course approved by PEOPLECERT. The course covers the complete MSP syllabus to Practitioner level and includes examination practice.
Key Learning Points
An introduction to MSP
- What is program management
- Why use program management
- Types of program: vision led, emergent or compliance
- Program impacts – specification led, business transformation or political & societal change
- When to use MSP
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on the benefits and threats to them
- Adding value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
MSP Governance themes
- Program organization
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- The Business Case
- Risk and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The MSP transformational flow
- Identifying a program
- Defining a program
- Managing the tranches
- Delivering the capability
- Realizing the benefits
- Closing a program
Program Health checks
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
*THIS TRAINING IS CANADA JOB GRANT ELIGIBLE
The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. MSP® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
This MSP® course is offered through ATO OKAZY Consulting, except in Ottawa through ATO Algonquin College.